We currently have a vacancy for a Year 6 class teacher and a KS2 leadership opportunity
We are looking for an excellent Year 6 class teacher to join our school to cover a maternity leave from April 2020 to December 2020 in the first instance. A KS2 leadership opportunity is also available (TLR £4532).
We are at an exciting phase of our journey, working in equal partnership with three local primary schools and our feeder secondary school as part of Peterborough Keys Academies Trust to further enhance our children’s school experiences.
We can offer you:
· happy children with a desire to learn;
· friendly and welcoming staff who between them have a vast array of experience and expertise;
· a supportive SLT who value and encourage staff well-being, such as providing free daily tea/coffee/biscuits, breakfast on Friday mornings, cake for parents’ evenings, additional time given to mark key assessments and write end of year reports;
· excellent CPD and networking opportunities within school and across Peterborough Keys Academies Trust;
· Spacious classroom environments and plentiful outdoor space for learning including a ‘wild area’;
· Parents who are keen to support their children’s education;
· ‘Perkbox’ membership giving you access to over 270 exclusive discounts and freebies and providing personalised support through an Employee Assistance Programme.
We are looking for a great teacher who:
· exudes a passion for learning and teaching;
· enthuses and inspires children to be the best they can be;
· reflects and seeks learning opportunities;
· is a team player willing to go above and beyond;
· demonstrates emotional intelligence.
For the leadership opportunity, in addition to the above, we are looking for a leader who:
· is passionate and committed to supporting our school to continue to move forward;
· is a humble role model to staff and children;
· shows integrity and loyalty;
· has experience in raising outcomes or securing consistently high outcomes for children by the end of KS2;
· has a good sense of humour.
If you are excited by what we can offer and feel you have something to offer our school, then we would love to meet you.
Please download an application pack from our website, or contact the school via email or telephone. Please specify if you are interested in the KS2 Team Leader opportunity or solely the Class Teacher role so that we send you the relevant application form.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Thursday 12th December 2019. Interviews to be held in the following week.
The Board of Trustees of Peterborough Keys Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be employed subject to satisfactory references, acceptable health and DBS safeguarding checks.
Please visit Teach Peterborough’s website to find details of all teaching vacancies in Peterborough and all of Thorpe Primary School’s current vacancies.’