From September 2014 all KS1 children are entitled to free school meals under the new initiative from the Government. KS2 children’s lunches are £2.20 per day.
We use an online pre-ordering system to ensure your child receives the meal that you wish and if you have any suggestions or ideas please feel free to contact our Catering Manager Mrs Cresswell or pass them through Mrs Trethewy.
All of our lunches are home made on the premises using fresh, quality ingredients. We aim to give a varied menu, with different vegetable, carbohydrate and protein choices, to give your child a healthy balanced weekly diet. All of our meat is Halal except for our pork products, these meats are not covered by our Food for Life award as they are not farm assured. Please encourage your child to choose a variety of menu choices to give them a balanced weekly diet. We actively encourage children to taste new foods.
- Your child only needs to choose the Main Meal
- Your child can choose from the Salad Bar or vegetable options when they get their meal
- There will be a Jacket Potato bar with a choice of various fillings daily
- Picnic option is still available
- Fresh bread is available daily
- Milk available daily
- Yoghurt and fresh fruit is available everyday as an alternative to our home made desert
Look out for our Special Menus for themed days: Bonfire Night, Chinese New Year etc. they are great fun for the children.
Product development is very important to keep the menus fresh, nutritional and appealing to children.
We offer an online pre-ordering service for our school dinners via ParentPay. If you wish to pre-order meals for your child for the coming weeks you can login to your ParentPay account and pre-order up to 12pm on the Sunday before. If you require login details for ParentPay please contact the school office. If your child has specific dietary requirements please ensure that you order their meal online. If you do not pre-order online your child will still get a dinner, but may not get their preferred choice.
- Reception - Year 2 = Free school meals
- Year 3 – Year 6 = £2.20 per meal